Last Thursday we went to the doctor's for my 36th week checkup. This was the appointment that would start the weekly appointments.
It was very quick, I was tested for group B strep, and I'm assuming they'll have the results for me by tomorrow when I go in for my next appointment. If I test positive that means I'll have to have antibiotics administered through an IV about four hours before I give birth. I'm hoping that I'm not positive since I'm trying really hard to keep an IV line full of drugs out of my arm. But - whatever happens, happens.
At my last appointment I was told that she was head down! Not that this is any indication of her delivery date - I'm still excited because the chances of her moving to a breech position is very low now.
When I go this week, I'm hoping that I'll be able to talk to him a bit (last time it was just a hit and run exam again) so I can ask about effacement, dilation and also my delayed cord cutting request again. I've done my research about that topic and I'm ready to make my request again!
Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some good news come Friday :)